Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly event hosted at The Broke and Bookish.
This week’s topic:
Top 10 Books We’d Quickly Save If Our House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster…)
1. My hardback set of Harry Potter (see?! that would've been 7 just right there!). I would honestly try to get my entire HP collection if I could but that is comprised of 21 copies (UK, US, foreign, etc.) It's by far been my favorite series growing up and you can never replace the ones you read as a kid.
2. ALL THE CASSIE CLARE'S. Here's another 6 books I can't leave. For one, they are all signed to me and it's also one of my all-time favorite series.
3. ALL THE JOHN GREEN'S (5 books). Mainly for the same reason as Sash and Em...because they are all signed and I just don't think I could do without my copy of TFiOS, which I cherish.
4. All my David Levithan's (8 books). I look up to David a lot as a friend, mentor, and amazing author. Having his books grace my shelves is an honor and they're also all signed to me (see a pattern here?)
5. Beautiful Creatures series (3 books). This has been one of my favorite YA series for a few years now. I would hate to see the aliens take them from me.
6. Holes by Louis Sachar. I own two copies of it but I would grab the one that is in horrible condition. The one I read 10 times in a summer because I loved it so much. The book that taught me to love reading and became my favorite childhood read.
7. Harry Potter Page to Screen. This one is HUGE. I would hold on to it for dear life because 1) I love it and 2) my girlfriend bought it for me so it's irreplaceable.
8. Across the Universe/A Million Suns by Beth Revis. Because if I'm gonna be in space with some aliens, I might as well know how to live on a ship.
9. The Forest of Hands and Teeth series by Carrie Ryan (4 books). Carrie is one of my dearest friends and to have all the books signed and personalized on top of being one of my favorite series ever, I could never let it go.
10. Curse Workers series by Holly Black (3 books). I just adore this series. And Holly. Plus they're signed.
I know I cheated and named A LOT more than 10 specific books (39 to be exact) but I have a brother who can grab books too. And who knows? Maybe with all these books, we'll be too heavy for the aliens to care about even more. We're fighters.
So what books would you guys grab? Let us know in the comments below!