Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Heard of the Spooky Swap?!
Have you heard of the Halloween Spooky Swap?! It's only going to be the most fun, exciting thing Halloween has seen since the movie Hocus Pocus! This swap is hosted by Travis and Jessica, both awesome bloggers! Check out part of the post below:
If you don't know what a swap is, here's what it's all about:
Everyone likes getting stuff in the mail, and Halloween isn't really a gift-giving holiday. Why? Well I wish we knew, but I like getting surprises so we declared it a gift-giving holiday!
Everyone participating will fill out an info form, and we'll match everyone with someone they groove with. Yes, we did just say groove. You will be emailed info about who you'll be sending your Package of Awesome to. Unless you REALLY want to know who's sending your package, we'll keep that a surprise. ;) Then at the end we'll set up a Mr. Linky so that you can share your undying love for what your partner sent you! Sound fab?
The theme is Halloween, so here are the requirements for the packages:
(1) Scary story (book/movie/etc)
- This can be something you have, purchase at a thrift store (good condition please) or discover on the sale rack!
(1) Halloween colored item (orange/black, purple/black, etc)
- This is open to your interpretation! Consider what your partner likes/collects/etc.
(1) Type of candy or something sweet
- Come on...we all know Halloween is about the candy...mmmm....
Once you've included these items, you can add anything else you'd like to your recipient's package! Be fun, be intentional, enjoy!
The post continues over @ Inked Books where you can sign up for it along with a few more rules and guidelines. Hope you join along with lots of other bloggers and friends who are already a part of it!